3/15/2011

Happy St. Pat's Day 2010

When I went to Holy Angels Grade School in West Oak Lane, the common saying around St. Patrick's Day was: "There are only two kinds of people in the world: the Irish, and those who want to be Irish." It was that kind of humorous bravado that kept the Irish alive through 800 years of slavery and slaughter.
Here are some photos, Irish dancing, and Eamon playing violin from a St. Patrick's party at my parish, St. Michael the Archangel. We raised $100,000 to bring down the cost of the mortgage on the new education wing. Civilization is a beautiful thing.
The Irish step dancers are from the Teelin Irish Dance Company. These young ones are stunning. They are out of Columbia, MD. As serendipity has it, my son Josh bought us tickets to their magnificent dance Portraints of Ireland at the Weinberg Center for the Arts a week later.
These are my people...and I love them.


video


video

No comments: